Lee Co’s Underwood Chasing Career Milestone
Lee County Yellow Jacket Placekicker Trey Underwood is closing in on a kicking milestone. He is also moving himself up the list of the all-time best scoring kickers in North Carolina High School football history.
Underwood, a senior and 4-year starter for the Yellow Jackets, has scored 299 points in his 3+ years and has moved to 5th on the all-time list for NC high school kick scoring. Underwood has a reasonable shot at moving past #4 Robert Brown, who finished with 328, and finishing as the 4th leading all-time scorer.
Most Points by Kicker (Career)
- Tyler Lewis, Albemarle, 428 points, 2000-2003
- Yahir Cano, Wallace-Rose Hill, 395 points, 2013-2016
- Keith Duncan, Weddington, 367 points, 2013-2016
- Robert Brown, Mount Airy, 328 points, 2014-2017
- Trey Underwood, Lee County, 299 points, 2016-2019*
*Still 3 regular season games & playoffs remaining.
Underwood and the Lee County Yellow Jackets will be on the road at Harnett Central this Friday night for Tri-County 3A Conference action. The game will air on 105.5 FM WFJA Sports and online at: www.wfjawwgpradio.com.